La Chingada Mexican Cuisine Catrina Contest 2023 Rules, Terms & Conditions
To enter the Contest, you may enter on line at lachingadahtx.com beginning on October 15th, 2023 at 12:01 AM Central Time (“CT”), and ending on Friday, October 27th, 2023 at 5pm CT or onsite at La Chingada Mexican Cuisine located at 13388 Northwest Fwy., Houston, TX 77040 beginning on October 15th, 2023 at 7:00 am Central Time (“CT”) and ending on Friday, October 27th, 2023 at 7:30 PM Central Time (“CT”). La Chingada Mexican Cuisine Hours of operations Saturday to Thursday 7:00 AM Central Time to 10:00 PM Central Time and Fridays 7:00 AM Central Time to 12:00 AM Central Time.
1. Competition will be held on October 27st at 8 P.M. Check-in between 5pm and 7:30pm PM at La Chingada Mexican Cuisine 13388 Northwest fwy., Houston, TX 77040 with the hostess right at the main entrance.
2. Three categories: Individual, couple or family.
3. Contestants will be judged based upon makeup, headpiece, creativity, & attitude.
4. Judges: 7 people will be selected at random to be the Judges.
5. No masks, no street clothes. Your own Catrina/Catrin costume design is encouraged.
6. Winner will be announced immediately following the contest.
7. Any item that presents the possibility of damage to the contestants, their costumes, the audience, or the facility is prohibited. Weapon and/or replicas, fire and liquids are prohibited.
8. Good taste must be used in the creation and presentation of costumes. Graphic violence, nudity, swearing, or other objectionable elements may be grounds for disqualification as determined by the Costume Contest staff. The Dia de los Muertos Celebration is a family event and we wish to maintain a safe and comfortable atmosphere for all of our costumers and staff, while honoring the tradition, and roots of Dia de los Muertos.
9. Please arrive in costume. No dressing facilities will be provided.
10. Contestants are responsible for their own belongings. Contestants may bring an assistant to help with belongings.
11. Registered contestants who do not present themselves at the check-in designated area on time will be dropped from the contest.
12. Questions about Costume Contest rules and registration may be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Catrina Contest” in the subject line of any emails.